The Great Benefits of Dead Sea Salt
The salt we use is pure salt from the world-renowned Dead Sea, one of the world’s saltiest bodies of water where animals cannot flourish (hence the name). The Dead Sea has always been popular with tourists from all over the world for its reputed therapeutic and natural healing effects. It has been renowned for the water’s therapeutic effects since ancient times, and its salts have been reported to have benefited rheumatologic conditions, common skin ailments, allergies, skin aging and many more.
The Dead Sea Salt’s mineral composition is very different from any other salt, as only 12–18% of Dead Sea salt is sodium chloride, while 85% of the salt in normal ocean water is sodium chloride. Refined table salt is approximately 97% sodium chloride. Dead Sea salt has a high concentration of minerals, particularly magnesium and bromide, which relieve allergic reactions by cleansing and detoxifying.
The National Psoriasis Foundation recommends Dead Sea salt as an effective treatment for psoriasis, as studies have shown that the magnesium in the salt is instrumental in improving skin hydration and reducing inflammation. The mineral concentration in the salt is highly effective in treating skin and respiratory ailments, and has the added benefits of inducing relaxation and calm.
The Dead Sea is the lowest place on earth, and it is known to be as one of the leading sources of minerals in the world. It is a salt lake containing 30 essential minerals and trace elements. A dozen of them do not exist in any other sea or ocean in the world. In the sea water, there is a high concentration of magnesium and calcium which are known to be vital to the human body as well as a high concentration of salts which are known for their healing and cultivation abilities.
The minerals of the dead sea help detoxify the body, stimulate blood circulation and relieve tension and muscle aches. A far cry from commonplace table salt, Dead Sea salt is a natural healing gift from Mother Nature. Wise men all over the world have sought out Dead Sea salt for its natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Inhaling particles of the Dead Sea salt reduce inflammation and mucus in the lungs, improving respiratory conditions such as asthma, allergies, bronchitis, sinus congestion and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Scientific studies show that Studies show people with asthma and other ailments breath easier after salt therapy treatment.
The calming and detoxifying effects of Dead sea salt can support the immune, nervous and lymphatic systems. Additional benefits are reduced stress and headaches, increased energy, and better sleep patterns. Dead Sea salt purify the air and increase lung capacity and reduce physical ailments for adults, children and athletes.
List of Minerals and Their Benefits
- Sulfur – Helps disinfect skin.
- Sodium – Sodium ions remove dandruff from the skin and improve permeability. Sodium also strengthens the immune system.
- Magnesium – Magnesium concentrations found in the Dead Sea are ten times higher than salts in other days. Magnesium is essential for cell metabolism. magnesium works as an anti-allergic agent.
- Potassium – Potassium improves the oxidation process and regulates the electrical process of the muscles and nervous system. Asthmatics achieve good results from breathing salt vapor.
- Bromide – Concentration of bromine is 50 times greater than common salts. Therefore, it has a very calming effect. Relieves muscle tension, helps calm the brain and sleep process.
- Bitumen – One of the minerals found in the Dead Sea in smaller quantities. The salt contains natural tar called bitumen which acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Chlorine – Chlorine is needed to maintain the proper balance of alkaline and acid in the body, along with being essential for cell metabolism.
- Iodine – Iodine is essential for the production of Thyroxin and is essential for both energy and cell metabolism.
- Calcium – Calcium is needed to strengthen cell membranes and purify skin pores. It is also essential for the production and maintenance of healthy teeth and bones, and helps regulate the heart muscles and nerves.
- Zinc – Plays a role in the enzymatic regulation of cell proliferation.
- Phosphorus – It is important for the proper functioning of the entire skin system from the creation of energy to the cells, metabolism, and especially the ability to self-repair damaged cells due to external aggression.
- Orphanage – Relieves skin diseases such as psoriasis, helps prolong cell life and maintains the health of the nervous system in the short and long term.
- Pit – Helps to stimulate hormone function in the skin, especially estrogen and testosterone. Chloroborb weakens the cell membrane.
- Strontium – It has effective anti-itching properties, reduces signs of skin irritations and infections.
- Iron – It is essential to build the organic compounds, which allow carrying oxygen by the red blood cells. Iron is also used to store oxygen in cell tissue.
History of Salt Therapy
The therapeutic nature of salt was discovered many centuries ago. The first modern-day research was published in 1843.
What Is Salt Therapy?
Salt Therapy, also known as Halotherapy, is a holistic treatment which reproduces the unique microclimate found in natural salt caves.
A collection of links to external sites with published scientific researches on the benefits of salt therapy for various conditions.