Sinusitis and How Salt Therapy Can Help
Sinusitis is a viral or bacterial infection located behind your cheek bones and forehead, these spaces are known as sinuses. They are usually free of germs, but if the mucous gets stuck in the sinuses, it may cause sinus infection.
The sinuses are basically sacs filled with air located in the facial bones of the head. There are four pairs of sinuses:
– The frontal sinuses; they are situated above the eyes, in the region between the eyebrows.
– The maxillary sinuses; situated within the cheekbones, behind the nose bridge.
– The ethmoid sinuses; situated in between the eyes, behind the nose bridge.
– The sphenoid; situated behind the ethmoid sinuses, as well as behind the eyes.
Symptoms and Treatments in Sinus Infection
Sinuses have several functions, for example: making the incoming air warmer and helping in the formation of different sounds. If the sinuses get inflamed and infected and the condition lasts less than four weeks, it is called acute sinusitis. If acute sinusitis becomes persistent and symptoms last longer than three months it has progressed into chronic sinusitis. Sinusitis can get from a minor annoyance to a serious condition – chronic sinusitis – that could require surgery if not treated properly!
A few of the symptoms you may have associated with sinusitis are stuffy nose, headache and thick nasal secretions of colours like green, yellow, or blood-tinged.
Prescription drugs like decongestants or antibiotics bring relief only temporary but have unhealthy side effects. Sometimes the only prescribed treatment is surgery, which is usually not the most successful either.
Risk factors in sinus infection are allergic rhinitis or nasal allergy (hay fever), nasal polyps, congenital nasal abnormalities (deviation of septum), cystic fibrosis, asthma, smoking, people with poor immune system.
Salt Therapy can help in sinusitis by killing bacteria, reducing the IgE levels (which means that the immune system becomes less oversensitive), fluidizing and clearing the mucus and diminishing the risk factors.
Salt aerosol is anti-inflammatory and also has mucolytic effects (meaning it helps to reduce the chance of infection by shifting retained mucus).
Salt Therapy will help to:
- Improve the general health and quality of life
- Reduce the need of any type of antibiotics or inhalers
- Clear sticky phlegm and mucus from the sinuses and the whole respiratory system
- Get your immune system strengthened
- Prolong times of remission
- Reduce the hospital remission numbers
- Enforce your resistance to respiratory tract diseases
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /home/customer/www/healovation.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 175